Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bugs... really?


Out of pure boredom, I decided to do a Looney Tunes personality test (watching an hour of that on YouTube with a 5 year old will do that to you) and I ended up getting Bugs Bunny on two separate tests..

At first, I was shocked.. I don't really see myself as a long-eared, perky conniving little brat.. But I started (like I always do) to analyze the characteristics of Bugs that make him and me so similar.. Like him, I try and be optimistic about whatever life throws at me.. And of course, being a struggling writer, I do attempt to be creative.. Of course, I could not build schemes or plans as they usually backfire on me..

However, saying that, like Bugs, I do have the "gift of the gab" i.e. I can improvise or talk myself out of most problems.. Like my mother once said, I missed my calling as a lawyer many moons ago. Bugs's favorite line in most of his early cartoons is "Of course, you know this means war" which I can totally identify with. I am sure most of us can, if we feel threatened by someone or something, we are not going to cower and cover our heads.. We will fight, or attempt to save our own skins, which ever comes first...

But it is interesting to note, that Bugs, unlike myself, usually enjoys torturing and tormenting his victims whether it be getting them into a more unpleasant experience - almost like an evil version of karma. I suppose that's where the similarities end and the differences begin.

Who would have thought cartoons could reflect reality :)

No comments:

Post a Comment